Hi Guys! It’s been a while since I last posted something here but then routine life leaves you with little time for yourself. December is my favorite month of the year because it reminds me of all the joy and festive cheer that it brings along. It’s all about Christmas, the winter break, winter(And Yes Mumbai has NO winter! Live with it!), sweets, cinnamon scented candles, parties, Santa and his gifts and the list goes on.
Today I share a dessert recipe which happens to be a favorite of mine.
TOFU TART RECIPE
3 cups of biscuit crumbs
2 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp coconut oil
250 gms tofu
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
50 gms brown sugar( If not available you can use caster sugar or white sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml coconut milk
100 gms dark chocolate
150 gms whipped cream
3 ripe mangoes ( or any seasonal fruits )
- In a food processor add biscuit crumbs, butter, coconut oil and blend the lot.
- Spread the moist biscuit mix evenly into a tart tin and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take tofu, coco powder, brown sugar, vanilla extract, coconut milk, coconut oil, melted chocolate, and blend it together until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into the tart tin.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Spread whipped cream ( optional, if you want an extra layer on your tart) let it set for another hour.
- Decorate with mangoes you can use whichever fruit you want Orange, apples, strawberry, muskmelon, blueberries, raspberries.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight.
- Serve chilled with a glass of red wine
NOTE: I used mangoes simply because I am a huge mango lover and I had some frozen mangoes at home when I made this tart. You can use any frozen fruits you have but do not forget to thaw your fruits before putting it on the mousse base otherwise it will release water and ruin the whole tart.
Experiment with the ingredients, use your imagination and get creative.
If someone tells you there is tofu in it I will change my name.
Share your December stories with me. HAPPY HOLIDAYS